The Yeti is a Boss in Vesteria that spawns in Redwood Pass every hour right at the stroke of (all):00, in a cave which can be found if you divert off the snowy trail at an opening in the cliff. Shattered trees mark the area.
It exclusively drops Yeti Boots and Icicle, but is most well known for dropping the exclusive Baby Yeti Pet and also the Great Headgear Scroll. The Yeti is also known for dropping Strength Potions and Great Scrolls (the Great Scrolls that were dropped by The Yeti consisted of, Great Armor Defense, Great Weapon Attack, and Great Headgear Scrolls).
The Golden Yeti
"Defeat the Golden Yeti for riches beyond your wildest dreams"
These "riches beyond your wildest dreams" were essentially the loot pool of the normal yeti, but excluded the chances of, Baby Yeti Pet, Icicle, Yeti Fur Boots, Scrolls, Plated Iron Helmet and Strength Potions. The drops primarily consisted of Silver Coins, Yeti Fur, Yeti Antlers, and Flagon of Red Potion, but the drops were upped to a vastly greater more extreme amount.
Due to the event circumstances, most players considered Golden Yeti to be extremely easy to kill along with the loot being considered very disappointing.
The Yeti's attacks are simple: it targets anyone standing close enough to come into direct contact with them. It attacks about every three seconds.
- Ground Pound: The Yeti pounds the ground in front of it, doing medium damage and knocking everyone back in a circular AoE pattern. This is its most common attack, but also causes Yeti to lose its damage suppression thus causing it to take 2x more damage for a certain amount of time.
- Antler Strike: Impales any adventurer unlucky enough to be in front of it, upon being hit it deals high damage and sends the victim airborne however unlike Ground Pound, this attack does not cause the Yeti to lose its damage suppression.
- The Yeti can only attack anyone nearby, so bow-wielding Hunters and Mages may seek cover and deal damage from afar, while Warriors distract it and dish out some heavy damage.
- Because many players target the Yeti when it spawns, it usually dies in seconds. Get in as many shots as possible.
- Use buffing items (Hog Meat, potions, etc) to deal the most damage and keep your distance if possible. If the situation gets dire, use consumables to survive.
- Try to be close to Paladins Knights and Berserkers because they can buff a nearby player's Regeneration, Defense and Damage respectively.
- If you're fighting the Yeti at a high level (40+), it's recommended that you try to join empty servers with fewer players, maximizing your damage output and therefore loot drops, however this strategy does come with an added downside with that downside being that the size of the loot pool decreases (scales with each player that attacks it), with this strategy only being useful for those who do a lot more damage then others, thus rewarding only stronger players more with this strategy.
*Yeti drops are primarily just RNG, so don't expect good drops just because you did lots of damage, however it does greatly help.
- The Yeti is the 2nd boss to be added to Vesteria.
- It used to be the only boss that has 2 server-wide notifications when it spawns (In the form of a roar and a written notification in the chat). Unlike the Spider Queen, its health bar only appears when you're in close proximity to it.
- The Yeti will not spawn if there are less than 3 players in the game. Instead, when it is supposed to spawn, an in-chat message will appear, saying, "The Yeti has passed by peacefully as not many disturbed its home."