The Clearing is, hinted by its name, a grassy terrain with cleared out vegetation and trees. It connects many different Locations.
The Clearing is divided into two sections: a lush territory with a dirt path, and a bordering gate that leads towards a bridge into Nilgarf.
The bordering gate entrance is guarded by Brutus, The City Guard. He will immediately kill any players under Level 7 who try to walk through the entrance.
There are currently 5 Wooden Chests in The Clearing:
Wooden Chest 1: The first chest is located under the main bridge to Nilgarf, underwater.
Wooden Chest 2: The second chest is in the middle of the forest to the right, near the river by the bridge.
Wooden Chest 3: The third chest is on the main bridge crossing to Nilgarf, just on the left.
*Wooden Chest 3 shares its contents with a chest in Mushtown. You can only open one of the 2 chests every 24 hours. This is a bug.
Wooden Chest 4: Follow the trail that leads to the beach, at the end of the trail you will find the chest.
Wooden Chest 5: The final chest is right next to Horseface.
- A modified version of The Clearing was used in the now-closed Vesteria Demo. Unlike in the full game, The Clearing in the demo featured additional chests, music from before Alpha 1.3.4, a treehouse, a shop, additional bouncy mushrooms, cannons, Barber Streisand, the Faction Building, Elder Shrooms, Goblins, and an abundance of Baby Shrooms.
- A teaser for the Nilgarf Sewers in the form of a hidden, small cave near the lake is accessible here, although it no longer has any purpose. In the cave is merely a small sewer-resembling room with some broken bars, stone and water, along with some crates and a lantern.
- If you go to Mushroom Grotto from The Clearing, you’ll spawn in the same location as if you came from Mushroom Forest.
- This is likely because the Mushroom Grotto's old entrance to The Clearing was changed to an entrance to Great Crossroads.
- The Clearing has been removed from Vesteria twice:
|Cities||Mushtown • Nilgarf • Port Fidelio • Warrior Stronghold • Tree of Life|
|Secret Locations||Mushroom Grotto • Crabby Den • Lost Corridor • Spider Queen's Lair • Gorgog Pond • Gorgog Lab|
|Dungeons||Mushtropolis • Spider Abyss • The Gauntlet|
|Other||A New Adventure • Mushroom Forest • The Clearing • Great Crossroads • Seaside Path • Scallop Shores • Redwood Pass • Enchanted Forest • Shiprock Bottom • Nilgarf Sewers • The Pit • The Colosseum • Aboard the Wayfarer • Forsaken Isle • The Gauntlet (Hunter Occupied) • Whispering Dunes • Guild Hall • The Colosseum|