Possum the Devourer is a terrifying Level 50 Boss found in The Pit. This is arguably one of the most difficult Bosses in the game, due to its variety of attacks and its high level which gives it an immense amount of defense and damage. In addition, the arena where it is fought contains lethal hazards that are easy to fall into.
Rarely ever drops loot, so stack up on greed boosts!
It has the appearance of a feral Possum of immense size.
- Chomp: Possum the Devourer will bite with its entire set of teeth, dealing a large portion damage.
- Gnash: Possum the Devourer will gnash the player 20 times while holding the player in its mouth, dealing damage 1/10 the strength of each Chomp.
- Repulsion: Possum the Devourer will push the player away and jump back very sharply in an attempt to push the player in the corrosive acid. This attack usually occurs when the player tries to attack Possum the Devourer from the different angles.
- Hyperopia: Sometimes Possum the Devourer will target the farthest player and starts charging (running) at them to kill or knock them off. This will make the battle with Possum the Devourer harder for Hunters, as they need to move as they wield their bows.
- Vile Presence: While Possum the Devourer is alive, the acid below it will deal damage more rapidly, which makes movement in battle a precise activity with little room for error.
- A possum in real life is a marsupial that lives in North and Central America; it's known for playing dead as a defense.
- Possums in real life are also known as opossums and have the most incisors of any mammal with a whopping 18.
- Possum the Devourer is often shortened to "Possum."
- Possum the Devourer's Gnash is similar to the Scarab's Chomp, while Repulsion is similar to the Hog's charge.
- The GUI bar displaying the Possum's health contains an image of the Spider Queen.
- This is likely used as a placeholder icon.
- Occasionally, a bug occurs where Possum the Devourer despawns mid-fight.
- When Possum the Devourer spawns, the server message reads "A horrifying monstrosity is lurking in the depths..."
- Likewise, when Possum the Devourer doesn't spawn, the server message reads "The Devourer wasn't tempted by the flesh of Vesterians. (3)".
- Hyperopia is the condition most commonly known as far-sightedness, a form of astigmatism where far objects can be seen clearly but close objects are more blurry.