Mushtown is a small town that serves as an adventurer's starting point in the world of Vesteria.
After the horse-drawn carriage got ambushed and destroyed by a handful of Baby Shrooms, Shrooms, Elder Shrooms, and Chad in A New Adventure, the player ends up in Mushtown, which begins the start of the game. (This maybe outdated because A New Adventure has been removed and the lore behind the player might be changed)
The town is secluded behind a thick and enormous town wall, which looms over and protects its inhabitants. Within these walls lie tents of various colors, patches of trees, and other forms of wildlife of various sizes. Chickens also roam around the little town, with thin patches of water running through, forcing the creation of simplistic bridges of wooden planks.
In the outskirts of Mushtown, the terrain is pampered with an abundance of flora and fauna. Gigantic fungi and trees encircle the player's view almost constantly. The outskirts have a hillier terrain which eventually blends into a large circle of a hill which encompasses the map, acting as its wall. Various mobs of the Shroom family can be found roaming around while also containing Treemuks.
At night, fireflies swarm around the player lighting up their path ahead. However, it is still very hard to see at night.
Mushroom Research Base
The Mushroom Research base is a sublocation of Mushtown. Players can access this area by following the path to the Crumbling Tower, and then along the way, take a separate steeper path on the left marked by growing mushrooms. Inside, there is a merchant that uses Golden Mushrooms as its main currency. This is also where players start the Shroompocalypse minigame.
The Scruff Residence is where the Scruff family lives, with the owner of the house being Scruff himself.
Mushtown is the main town hotspot; it's what puts the "town" in "Mushtown." The entire sublocation is surrounded by thick, stone walls presumably to provide protection against outside threats. Various houses and buildings are built within the canopy of the trees and mushrooms bringing the center to life. Several NPCs can be found here, including Mayor Noah and Abigail. There is also a merchant named Lela that offers equipment for starting players. In another section of Mushtown, Taximan Dave is available to transport players to any location they have previously been to, as well as Landseller Jillian who manages the Mushtown Guild Hall.
The Fisherman’s Dock is a small pond located behind the Mushtown Inn. A dock extends over a pond providing a place for player's to fish at.
Beyond the gates of the town lay the outskirts of Mushtown, inhabited by various NPCs. The area is pampered with an abundance of flora and fauna. Gigantic fungi and trees encircle the player's view almost constantly. The outskirts have a hillier terrain which eventually blends into a large circle of a hill which encompasses the map, acting as its wall. The NPC Scruff and his house, as well as the beginning spawn for the game, are located on the outskirts through a small shaft. Various Baby Shrooms, Shrooms, and Elder Shrooms roam around the outskirts.
The Mushroom Pit is located right past the area where Baby Shrooms constantly spawn. The Mushroom Pit is where you can find the Wheel for the Wheel Woes Quest.
The Mushroom Overgrowth is located to the right of Mushtown. Lots of mushrooms are overgrown in a tight, small, and narrow pit. The Mushroom Hat can be found in a treehouse right above this sublocation, and the mushrooms can be used to propel oneself onto the treehouse.
The Crumbling Tower can be found by taking the trail to where the Shroompocalypse dungeon is initiated, except continuing straight on the rocky path. It is a broken tower that you can climb with a fire pit in the middle of the tower. Several chests are found at the top.
Sycamore's Hollow is sublocation where Rootbeard spawns. Before reaching the Great Crossroads portal, take a left and you will pass through some terrain where Treemuks spawn. Continue walking until you reach a campfire. From here, look around until you find a tree branch that extends upwards into Sycamore's Hollow.
Please note that the following quests may or may not be outdated.
- Scruff's Quest (Level 1): A villager named Scruff seeks the player's help in two dire situations.
- Part 1: Scruff needs 2 Chicken Eggs to help his wife and asks the player to help gather them by smacking Chickens.
- Part 2: Scruff hands the player his letter to be given to the Mushtown Mayor, Noah. The letter contains information about the invading Shrooms from Mushroom Forest.
- 134 EXP
- Upon completing this quest, you will receive a badge.
- Mushtown Helper: A hero shall be summoned to investigate on the overpopulation and aggression of the Shrooms.
- Part 1 (Level 3): Mayor Noah has a problem with the Shrooms in Mushtown and requests the player to quell the threat. Only 10 Baby Shrooms and 1 Shroom are required to be vanquished.
- Part 2 (Level 5): Mayor Noah has a growing suspicion about the Shrooms. The player must gather 20 mushroom spores and 20 red mushrooms while killing 10 Shrooms and bring them to Mayor Noah for analysis.
- Part 3 (Level 7): The situation is a dire one, a prophecy predicts a buff mushroom known as Chad will come and destroy the village, the player must destroy it in order to save the village.
- Abigail's Apples (Level 2): Abigail's stomach is rumbling and sure can go for a healthy treat. Collect a dozen ( 12 ) apples from nearby Apple Trees and return to her for a reward.
- 336 EXP
- Treasure Hunt (Level 2): Xero has come to Vesteria in search of an ancient treasure of his that has been lost, some say it lies in the depths of the sea. However, players can find it in any random chest.
- Innkeeper's Son (Level 6): Edith, who operates an inn in Mushtown, hasn't seen her son Streisand in ages since he went off to work as a successful barber and dye trader in Nilgarf. She hopes that the player can reach out to Barber Streisand and have him write her a letter back.
- 2 Banana
- 419 EXP
- Wheel Woes (Level 3): Jericho needs the player to lend him a hand. His wagon was ambushed by some sort of beast, and it stole his wheel and ran off. Players must venture around Mushtown and find his wheel, located near the Mushroom Pit sublocation populated with Shrooms.
- 5 Pear
- 5 Banana
- 2056 EXP
- Who's Da Boss: This quest is initiated in Nilgarf, but trails into Mushtown. Red Catgirl wants the player to kill all the Bosses in Vesteria.
- A Respected Guard (Level 6): Greg, the City Guard wants more respect for his duties as a city guard, After being nearly killed by a Shroom's poisonous spores he wants you to bring him 10 Elder Beards and he may reward you with something that you can gain respect with too!
- 1 City Guard Pads
- 659 EXP
- Metaverse Champions (removed): Wren Brightblade's Spirit had informed you about his whereabouts in Mushroom Forest. The player would've had to venture into Mushroom Forest to find Wren Brightblade, who was said to be fighting off Elder Shrooms.
- 382 EXP
Mushtown contains 18 chests as of now. Not all chest locations are in this Wiki Page currently. Please edit and put any other locations you know of.
- One can be found in the one building you can enter in Mushtown, which is the first one on the right from the gates.
- One can be found through jumping into the well at the Scruff Residence and continuing through the tunnels.
- Found in another small hole with a mushroom by the entrance, which is located in an isolated area of the outskirts to the right of the entrance to the Mushroom Forest. You can also go there by facing the merchant inside the gates, and heading right of the NPC.
- In one of the Guard Towers by the Mushtown Inn.
- One is by the red tent in the town.
- Obvious Waterfall Secret.
- By the big mushroom behind Taximan Dave.
- One can be found in a house basement, which you can get to on the backside of Mushtown Inn, the building behind Innkeeper Edith.
- One is behind a huge rock to the right of the old mushroom forest entrance, not too far.
- One is at the very start, right after you escape the intro. If you turn backwards and climb up a log, there is a small clearing with the chest. (Removed)
- Just behind the Merchant's cart, there is a small tunnel underneath the wooden patio leading to a Bluesteel Chest containing a 1+ Wooden Sword.
- Mushtown has been revamped numerous times:
- A December 2018 update moved the spawn point outside Mushtown, while an August 2019 update changed the layout of Mushtown entirely.
- In January 2020, Mushtown's layout was changed again, removing some excess space.
- In April 2021, Mushtown has been revamped again in preparation of the Roblox Metaverse Event and to welcome new players into the community. It moved the location of Mushroom Forest closer to the town and had several arrow signs pointing towards the direction of the teleporter.
- In August 2021, Mushroom Forest and Mushtown is now combined together.
- Mushtown used to have 11 chests, including the Bluesteel Chest.
- Despite being called a "Party Quest" Shroompocalypse is actually a Dungeon and not a Quest.
- This is the first place you meet the living legends, Scruff and Taximan Dave.