Mushroom Forest is home to many enemies, chests, secret areas, and loot. Numerous mushrooms of various sizes and colors dot the landscape along with many trees. Occasionally, ruined settlements will appear in different areas of the map. One large river runs through the entire forest, with a few bridges of fallen trees granting access across it.
Mushroom Grotto can be accessed via a secret entrance in a tree that looms above the terrain. The player must first head to the area heavily populated with Elder Shrooms. From there, traversing the logs that connect hilled terrains will eventually lead to an area with walled off paths. Using the Mushroom (or alternatively, using mobility abilities) allows the player to reach the walled off pathway. At the end of the pathway, the terrain ascends to a large tree leading to Mushroom Grotto.
All three members of the Shroom family reside in Mushroom Forest. Baby Shrooms reside on the outer edges of the forest, Shrooms populate the inner portions/main path, while Elder Shrooms can be found on a hill to the left and in Mushroom Grotto, as well as near the small mushroom patch which is used to get the Mushroom Hat. The abundance of enemies and loot makes this a popular spot for low-level players to train and grind.
The Mushroom Pit is located right of the spawn from coming out of Mushtown. The Mushroom Pit used to be the area for the Wheel Woes quest.
The Mushroom Overgrowth is located in the middle of the Mushroom Forest map. Lots of mushrooms are overgrown in a tight, small, and narrow pit. The Mushroom Hat can be found in a treehouse right above this sublocation, and the mushrooms can be used to propel oneself onto the treehouse.
The crumbling tower is located along the rocky path. It is a broken tower that you can climb with a fire pit in the middle of the tower.
The Mushroom Viewpoint is a tall hill that gives you map-wide vision of Mushroom Forest.
Baby Shroom Hill
The Baby Shroom Hill is a small hill located to the left from coming out of the Mushtown portal. It is tightly populated with Baby Shrooms and lots of tiny mushrooms grown on the hill.
The Secret Treehouse is located below the entire Mushroom Forest map. It serves as a spawn point for players who manually exited out of the Shroompocalypse minigame. Players will first spawn outside the treehouse upon rejoining the game. If the player chooses to fall off the map, they respawn inside the treehouse, where multiple chests are available to be opened; there are two identical Secret Treehouses that are accessible by chance. The exit to the Secret Treehouse seems not to work, forcing you to use a Rune or reset to exit.
- A Respected Guard: This quest starts in Mushtown, but is carried out here. A guard who is guarding the entrance to the Mushroom Forest in Mushtown wants to be respected as a city guard and requests the player to help him by gathering 10 Elder Beards from Elder Shrooms.
- 1 City Guard Pads
- 839 EXP
- Mushtown Helper: This quest is initiated in Mushtown and trails into Mushroom Forest. Both Part 1 and Part 2 of the quest are carried out in Mushroom Forest.
- Wheel Woes (Note: The wheel is currently removed): This quest is initiated in Mushtown, but is carried out here. Jericho wants you to find the location and possibly the culprit of his lost wheel. Even though there are 2 perfectly unbroken wheels in the Nilgarf Sewers, but you cannot pick them up...
Due to there being 52 Wooden Chests, only the Golden Chest is listed.
- Golden Chest: Exclusively contains the Mushroom Hat. Guide: https://youtu.be/0t3vnIZhG-E
- Mushroom Forest has the most chests of any location with 53.
- Formerly, the Jericho's Wheel from Wheel Woes was found here. But due to the revamp from free-release, the wheel location has been removed rendering the quest impossible.
- Due to the abundance of chests in this map, it serves as a popular location to search for Ethyr Crystals.