Mushroom Forest is home to many Enemies, Chests, secret areas, and loot. Numerous mushrooms of various sizes and colors dot the landscape along with many trees, which you can jump on and bounce off of. Occasionally, ruined settlements will appear in different areas of the map. One large river runs through the entire forest, with a few bridges of fallen trees granting access across it.
Mushroom Grotto can be accessed via a secret entrance in a tree that looms above the terrain. The player must first head to the Crumbling Tower sublocation. Jump on the small mushroom outside the tower to reach the top, where 3 chests should lie. In the corner of the roof there should be a large log you can walk to, leading to a small platform. From there, continue traversing the logs that connect hilled terrains which will eventually lead to an area with walled off paths. Using the Mushroom (or alternatively, using mobility abilities) allows the player to reach the walled off pathway. At the end of the pathway, the terrain ascends to a large tree leading to Mushroom Grotto.
All three members of the Shroom family reside in Mushroom Forest. Baby Shrooms reside on the outer edges of the forest, Shrooms populate the inner portions/main path, while Elder Shrooms can be found on a hill to the left and in Mushroom Grotto, as well as near the small mushroom patch which is used to get the Mushroom Hat. The abundance of enemies and loot makes this a popular spot for low-level players to train and grind.
The Mushroom Pit is located right of the spawn from coming out of Mushtown. The Mushroom Pit where you can find the Wheel for the Wheel Woes Quest.
The Mushroom Overgrowth is located in the middle of the Mushroom Forest map. Lots of mushrooms are overgrown in a tight, small, and narrow pit. The Mushroom Hat can be found in a treehouse right above this sublocation, and the mushrooms can be used to propel oneself onto the treehouse.
The Crumbling Tower is located along the rocky path. It is a broken tower that you can climb with a fire pit in the middle of the tower.
The Mushroom Viewpoint is a tall hill that gives you map-wide vision of Mushroom Forest. It is very difficult to get to the Mushroom Viewpoint compared to the other viewpoint locations as it requires near-perfect accuracy with jumping.
Baby Shroom Hill
The Baby Shroom Hill is a small hill located to the left from coming out of the Mushtown portal. It is tightly populated with Baby Shrooms and lots of tiny mushrooms grown on the hill.
The Secret Treehouse is located below the entire Mushroom Forest map. It serves as a spawn point for players who manually exited out of the Shroompocalypse minigame. Players will first spawn outside the treehouse upon rejoining the game. If the player chooses to fall off the map, they respawn inside the treehouse, where multiple chests are available to be opened; there are two identical Secret Treehouses that are accessible by chance. The exit to the Secret Treehouse seems to not work, forcing you to use a Rune or reset to exit.
If you follow the river near the portal to the Clearing, there will be a broken log, with a hole near it. Past the hole there is a canyon-like area where no mobs spawn. This area is the spawn location for Rootbeard, formerly known as Stomping Sycamore.
- A Respected Guard: This quest is initiated in Mushtown, but trails into Mushroom Forest. Greg, the City Guard wants to be respected as a city guard and tasks the player with helping him gather 10 Elder Beards from Elder Shrooms.
- Mushtown Helper: This quest is initiated in Mushtown and trails into Mushroom Forest.
- Wheel Woes: This quest is initiated in Mushtown, but is carried out here. Jericho wants you to find the location and possibly the culprit of his lost wheel. The lost wheel can be found within the Mushroom Pit.
- Metaverse Champions (removed): This quest was initiated in Mushtown, but trailed into Mushroom Forest. Wren Brightblade's Spirit wanted the player to find his true form in Mushroom Forest. The player would have to find Wren Brightblade, who was said to be fighting off Elder Shrooms.
Due to there being 52 Wooden Chests, only the Golden Chests are listed.
- Golden Chest 1: Exclusively contains the Mushroom Hat. Guide: https://youtu.be/0t3vnIZhG-E (Outdated)
- Golden Chest 2 (Currently Unobtainable): Exclusively contains the Mush Armor. (Found behind Wren, the Metaverse Event NPC, who is located along the cobblestone path)
- As of 08/08/2021, Mushroom Forest has been merged with Mushtown, although the area remains accessible through Taximan Dave.
- Mushroom Forest has the most chests of any location with a whopping 53.
- The mushrooms, including enemies, within Mushroom Forest and associated locations resemble the iconic Amanita muscaria, the fly agar mushroom.
- Formerly, the Jericho's Wheel from Wheel Woes was found here. But due to the revamp from free-release, the wheel location has been removed rendering the quest impossible.
- However, as of 04/12/2021, the Lost Wheel was added back making the quest completable again.
- Due to the abundance of chests in this map, it serves as a popular location to search for Ethyr Crystals.
- Previously, this location used to have its own OST. However, it shares the same OST as Mushroom Grotto currently.
|Cities||Mushtown • Nilgarf • Port Fidelio • Warrior Stronghold • Tree of Life|
|Secret Locations||Mushroom Grotto • Crabby Den • Lost Corridor • Spider Queen's Lair • Gorgog Pond • Gorgog Lab|
|Dungeons||Mushtropolis • Spider Abyss • The Gauntlet|
|Other||A New Adventure • Mushroom Forest • The Clearing • Great Crossroads • Seaside Path • Scallop Shores • Redwood Pass • Enchanted Forest • Shiprock Bottom • Nilgarf Sewers • The Pit • The Colosseum • Aboard the Wayfarer • Forsaken Isle • The Gauntlet (Hunter Occupied) • Whispering Dunes • Guild Hall • The Colosseum|