"The legends state that once every thousand years a Shroom will be born with an absolutely sick bod. You must venture into the hideaway of the Shrooms, draw out this evil, and defeat it. "
Chad is a Boss found in the Mushroom Grotto every hour (All:00) and during A New Adventure if you survive long enough. He is level 13 and has a total of 148,650 health points due to his magnificent musculature. Chad is an incredibly muscled Mushroom, towering over both his brethren and the player. While very different in appearance to the other Mushrooms, Chad still has the typical Mushroom top expected of the creatures.
When killed, Chad has a chance to drop several different Mushroom-themed Weapons and Mushroom Soup.
For Part 3 of the Mushtown Helper quest, it is necessary to confront the almighty Chad.
According to Mushtown legend, every 1000 years, a Shroom becomes super muscular and towers over the other Shrooms, corrupting them. Unfortunately for you, the Adventurer, it's been a thousand years. The Chad has awoken. If you don't intervene now, Mushtown will be knee-deep in truffle.
Chad's physique is living proof that you don't need leg day to look good. Good luck trying to beat him without admiring those juicy mycelium abs and fabulous forearms. And his eyes … those lifeless eyes are literally to die for. With his bulging biceps and phenomenal pectorals, Chad lives up to his name by destroying all those who stand in his way.
- Punch: Delivers a forceful punch towards a player near him.
- Frantic Barrage: Leans forward and repeatedly swings, barraging opponents in front of him, before losing balance and halting the attack.
- Helicopter Elbow Drop: Likely Chad’s most iconic and most powerful attack. He extends his arms and spins, producing lift and causing him to rise into the air. After a few seconds of flight, Chad will perform an elbow drop into the ground, causing a shockwave that will send any player hit hurtling into the air, dealing massive damage. Chad will also get a huge defense buff increasing the longer he flies, having near-immunity to damage at the end of his flight.
Chad is never late. He is always on time, at the beginning of every hour, because he is Chad. It is good practice to depart towards Mushroom Grotto a good ten minutes in advance - 15 if it is your first time. Chad will spawn at the center of the mushroom grotto.
Chad is intimidating, handsome, and powerful. The first step to defeating Chad is coming to terms with the fact that you cannot compete with his immense size and Chadness. Pride doth cometh before the fall --- if you underestimate Chad, then the battle is half lost already. Most Chad-related deaths happen to the fools who charge in at the beginning of the fight and take not the time to admire Chad's beautiful bod. Put as mushroom between you and Chad as possible.
Chad is an absolute unit. He's a big target. To get credit for the quest and rewards for killing Chad, you don't need to get up close. Throwing rocks and shooting missiles from far away at him is perfectly fine. In fact, it is the right strategy for most because unless you are four levels higher than Chad, you won't survive a second of his sick, ripped bod.
Chad is beautiful but deadly. If you see Chad begin to rise into the air, spinning like the handsome helicopter he is, then RUN. Get the shitake mushroom out of there. The beauty of the move hides its deadly nature; the shockwave of his helicopter elbow drop is enough to instantly kill adventurers twice his level. Do not attempt to interrupt Chad's performance, and do not run in for an autograph when he is finished either. Chad is a fan of encores. He will do it again.
Chad is forever. When it seems like Chad is on his last legs, that is the moment you DO NOT rush in. Chad does not become weaker when he has low health, and he would not mind having some extra fertilizer to for his inevitable rebirth, much like the eternal phoenix. Many of Chad's victims are those who charged in at the last second, victims of their own hubris.
- The name “Chad” is usually attributed to muscled "alpha males."
- This boss's name is likely a reference to the "Virgin vs Chad" meme.
- Chad originally appeared in the Free Weekend version of Vesteria and was later added to the base game.
- Similar to The Yeti, Chad will spawn every o'clock or every x:00.
- If you manage to fend off the mushrooms and take too long to die during A New Adventure, he will spawn as a last-ditch effort to kill you. If you manage to defy him and his glorious muscles, the game glitches out, and you don't get teleported to Mushtown, as the game doesn't believe anyone can defy Chad's glory. If this happens, you must rejoin.
- During Chad's Helicopter Elbow Drop attack, Chad will land his elbow a second before the actual shockwave damage hits, so don't approach his sensual supinators to get an autograph when he lands.