"The legends state that once every thousand years a Shroom will be born with an absolutely sick bod. You must venture into the hideaway of the Shrooms, draw out this evil, and defeat it. "
Chad is a Boss found in the Mushroom Grotto every hour (All:00) and during A New Adventure if you survive long enough. He is level 13. and has a total of 148,650 health points. Chad is an incredibly muscled Mushroom, towering over both its brethren and the player. While very different in appearance to the other Mushrooms, Chad still has the typical Mushroom top expected of the creatures.
When killed, Chad has a chance of dropping multiple different Mushroom-themed weapons and Mushroom Soup.
For part 3 of the quest Mushtown Helper it is necessary to confront the almighty Chad.
According to Mushtown legend, every 1000 years, a Shroom becomes super muscular and towers over the other Shrooms, corrupting them. Unfortunately for you, the Adventurer, it's been a thousand years. The Chad has awoken. If you don't intervene now, Mushtown will be knee deep in truffle.
Chad's physique is physical proof that you don't need leg day to look good. Good luck trying to beat him without admiring those juicy mycelium abs. And his eyes ... those lifeless eyes are literally to die for. With his bulging biceps and phenomenal pectorals, Chad lives up to his name by destroying all those who stand in his way.
- Punch: Delivers a forceful punch towards a player near him.
- Frantic Barrage: Leans forward and repeatedly swings, barraging opponents in front of him, before losing balance and halting the attack.
- Helicopter Elbow Drop: Likely Chad’s most iconic attack. He extends his arms and spins, producing lift and causing him to rise into the air. After a few seconds of flight, Chad will perform an elbow drop into the ground, causing a shockwave that will send any player hit hurtling into the air, dealing massive damage. Chad will also get a huge defense buff increasing the longer it's flying, at the last second of flying almost having full immunity to damage.
Chad is never late. He is always on-time, at the beginning of every hour, because he is Chad. if you want to secure a date with the man, the myth, the mushroom, then you must arrive at the location well in advance. It is good practice to depart towards Mushroom Grotto a good 10 minutes in advance --- 20 if it is your first time. Chad will spawn center stage in the grotto's clearing; you can't miss him.
Chad is intimidating. The first step to defeating Chad is coming to terms that you cannot compete with his immense size and Chadness. Most Chad related deaths happen at the beginning of the fight. Pride doth cometh before the fall. If you underestimate Chad, then the battle is half lost already. There is never too mushroom between you and Chad.
Chad is big. To get credit for the quest and rewards for killing Chad you don't need to get up close. Throwing rocks and shooting missiles from far away at him is perfectly fine. In fact, it is the right strategy because unless you are four levels higher than Chad you won't survive his fabulous forearms.
Chad is beautiful but deadly. If you see Chad begin to rise into the air, spinning like the handsome helicopter he is, then RUN. Get the shitake mushroom out of there. The beauty of the move hides its deadly nature; the shockwave of his helicopter elbow drop are enough to instantly kill adventurers twice his level. Do not attempt to interrupt Chad's performance, and do not run in for an autograph when he is finished either. Chad is a fan of encores. He will do it again.
Chad is forever. When it seems like Chad is on his last legs, that is the moment you DO NOT rush in. Chad does not become weaker when he has low health. Chad would not mind having some extra fertilizer to hasten his inevitable rebirth. Many of Chad's victims are those who charged in at the last second, victims of their own hubris.
- The name “Chad” is usually attributed to muscled "alpha males."
- Chad originally appeared in the Free Weekend version of Vesteria and was later added to the base game.
- Similar to The Yeti, Chad will spawn every o'clock.
- If you manage to fend off the mushrooms and take too long to die during A New Adventure, he will spawn as a last-ditch effort to kill you. If you manage to beat him, the game glitches out, and you don't get teleported to Mushtown. If this happens, you must rejoin.
- During Chad's Helicopter Elbow Drop attack, Chad will land his elbow a second before the actual shockwave damage hits the players.
- There will be a new item know as "Chad Helmet".