"Joining a faction is a very serious commitment... one that you can't back out of" - Lil Pump
There are three classes currently in the game; the Warriors, the Hunters, and the Mages In order to obtain your class, you must speak with one of the three Faction Representatives found in their respective faction bases. Upon joining a faction, all skill points earned can only be spent on skills from the faction instead of your previous Adventurer skills.
At level 30, you are able to select your subclass, located somewhere in the faction base of your respective faction. Read below for more details.
List of Classes
Warriors are a proud and powerful faction. They believe in strength, honor, and pride above all. Resident in a huge snowy fortress on top of the mountain, known as the Warrior Stronghold. Warriors like to fight closely and personally, and they handle massive swords and huge and bulky armor. Warriors can take a hit like none other and can deal a decent amount of damage at close range.
The Warrior Stronghold is where players can purchase equipment exclusive to the Warrior class, as well as consumables found nowhere else in Vesteria. Sir Tristain gives you a Rusty Sword and a Warrior Runes for free upon swearing loyalty to this faction.
At level 30, Warriors are able to select one of three subclasses available to them. Their possible options are:
- Paladin - (AoE/Support/DPS) Use light-based magical attacks, whilst healing players with regeneration buffs.
- Berserker - (DPS) Deals tons of damage, barbarian like abilities and applies buffs to players attack.
- Knight - (Tank/Support) Can take hits, applies buffs in defense to other players, and forces Enemies to attack the user.
The Hunters are the youngest of three Factions. They reign over a massive tropical port city, known as Port Fidelio. They fight with bows and daggers and use agility and stealth to their advantage. Hunters like to stay lightweight and are the most versatile class, with many options open to you.
Port Fidelio is where players can purchase equipment exclusive to the Hunter class, as well as consumables found nowhere else in Vesteria. Admiral Hugo gives you a Wooden Dagger and a Hunter Runes for free upon swearing loyalty to this faction.
At level 30, Hunters are able to select one of three subclasses available to them. Their possible options are:
- Assassin - (DPS) Primarily single target focused, high burst damage. Can turn invisible to get to target while being undetected, or to escape swiftly and unnoticed.
- Ranger - (DPS/AoE) Uses ranged basic attack (bow) and has abilities to enhance basic attack. Sustained damage.
- Trickster - (AoE/Utility) Uses abilities to confuse enemies. Agile fighters that perfectly counter melee and glass cannons.
The Mages are the oldest Faction, predating the Warriors and the Hunters by hundreds of years. Almost everything about their order is a secret. They currently reside in Tree of Life. Mages wield great power and unmatched utility. There are many directions you can go in as a Mage.
The Tree of Life is where players can purchase equipment exclusive to the Mage class, as well as consumables found nowhere else in Vesteria. Greybeard the Old gives you a Training Staff and a Mage Rune for free upon swearing loyalty to this faction. Mages without the Chitin Scythe solely use abilities to attack, and could be awkward to use before they gained enough abilities, where they become powerful fighters.
At level 30, Mages are able to select one of three subclasses available to them. Their possible options are:
- Warlock - (DPS/) Dark style magic. Applies negative effects and gains self buffs with burst damage. Life steal and mana regen.
- Sorcerer - (DPS/ AoE) Elemental style magic. Glass cannon class that puts everything into big splashy attacks.
- Cleric - (DPS/Support/AoE) Holy/Light style magic. Focus on healing and boosting self and nearby players. Can even resurrect fallen allies.
You can un-swear loyalty to your faction by rebirthing. This is done by talking to NPC Archmage Egoisme in Tree of Life (Resets level to 10, resets class and you keep your items and coins. You can re-assign points and skills as well. Your quests are reset).
If a player was originally level 50 before rebirthing, they will also obtain a Holy Scroll upon rebirth.
- Before the 3 faction representatives were created, an NPC named "Lil Pump" was used as a placeholder for them.
- Similarly in the Testing Realm before subclasses were created, an NPC known as "Yeezy McBreezy" was able to give players subclasses.
- Factions are currently the only permanent decision that affect your gameplay.
- Berezaa used to be the head of development for the Mage faction and Polymorphic was head of Hunter development.
- On February 9th, 2020, the Hunter Class received a nerf to 80% HP and its subclass Ranger to 60% HP. Warriors received a buff of 150% HP and its subclass Knight to 175% HP. Warrior also lost its Steadfast perk and Assassin's Shadow Flurry ability had its damage doubled.
All items (7)